Saturday, May 23, 2009

Flower dresses, The Producers

The rose dress is nearly complete. The skirt needs hemming still, and some silk flowers, but it still needs something. I can't pinpoint it. I think my fiance hit the nail on the head when he said it need sparkle. This evening I will attach the bodice to the pansy skirt, in with the zipper, and down with the lining.

The theater I worked at last summer on The Pajama Game is doing The Producers this summer! I'm so excited I can't stand it. You bet I'll be right back there. I'm just counting down the days to June 8th so I can go sign on to lease my soul for a couple months to the theater. Theater work is very different from couture, but a wonderful experience, nonetheless. It's really a nice feeling to watch a production and know I had some small part in it. This time around there will be the added bonus of already being a huge fan of the production. I didn't actually see The Pajama Game until closing night last year! But I know The Producers inside and out. Really, the musical is better than the original movie. I can't wait to see what Janice has in mind for the girls in pearls and Ula's dress for "That Face."

No comments:

Post a Comment